- Art Movements are the collective titles that are given to artworks which share the same artistic ideals, style, technical approach or timeframe.
- There is no fixed rule that determines what constitutes an art movement. The artists associated with one movement may adhere to strict guiding principles, whereas those who belong to another may have little in common.
- Art Movements are simply a historical convenience for grouping together artists of a certain period or style so that they may be understood within a specific context.
- Art Movements are usually named retrospectively by art critics or historians and their titles are often witty or sarcastic nicknames pulled from a bad review.
- Grouping artists of similar interests or styles into Art Movements is mainly a characteristic of Western Art.
- Art Movements are essentially a 20th century development when there was a greater variety of styles than at any other period in the history of art.
Blue signifies sky, thinking, the day, the sea ,height, depth, heaven, innocence, truth, psychic ability and spirituality.